The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSH Act) was passed to prevent workers from being killed or seriously harmed at work. This law created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which sets and enforces protective workplace safety and health standards. OSHA also provides information, training, and assistance to employers and workers. Under the OSH Act, employers have the responsibility to provide a safe workplace. Occupational safety and Health Administration is a certificate for health & safety professionals. It has two courses, OSHA Construction Safety & OSHA Industrial Safety. Each of these courses is comprised of two variations – OSHA 10 Hours and OSHA 30 Hours.
Aim or Purpose:
1. With the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure safe and healthful working conditions for workers by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.
2. The Act, known as the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act 85, 1993) consists of 50 sections approved by Parliament. The purpose of the Act is to provide for the health and safety of people at work or in connection with the use of plant and machinery
Who can attend?
• OSHA 10 Hours: this course is for the entry level workers who work in construction site and in industries (Basic level)
• OSHA 30 Hours : this courses is for the supervisors and higher level workers at the construction site (Advanced Level)
Who Needs OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Online Training?
OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Training is appropriate for workers in the following fields: healthcare, factory operations, warehousing, manufacturing, storage and more. Enrollment and completion of OSHA 10 General Industry Training will help educate workers to predict, prevent, identify and stop possible common worksite hazards.
Course Details for OSHA 10-Hour Online General Industry Training:
• Slip, Trip and Fall Hazard Protection
• Fixed and Portable Ladder Safety
• Fire Prevention, Protection and Emergency Egress Safety
• Dangers of Electrical Hazards
• Using and Choosing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Causes and Prevention of MSD and RMD Injuries
• Workers’ Rights to Know the Chemical Makeup of Materials Found in Their Workplace
• Difference Between Chronic and Acute Health Ailments
• Hazards of Spray Finishing, Dipping/Coating, Combustible Liquids and Compressed Gases
• Dangers of Unguarded Equipment
Who Needs OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training?
OSHA 30 General Industry is not required but is recommended for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors. All workers in general industries can benefit from it. Examples of these industries include manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and health care. In an effort to maintain workplace safety and hazard recognition standards, OSHA recommends regular workplace safety training. This OSHA-authorized course can benefit workers in the following fields: factory operations, manufacturing, storage, warehousing, health care and more.
What’s Covered in OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training?
You’ll learn about:
• Exit Routes and Emergency Plans
• Blood borne Pathogens
• Machine Guarding
• Electrical Hazards
• Walking and Working Surfaces
• Hazard Communication
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• introduction to OSHA
• Fall Protection
• Struck By
• Caught-in/Between Hazards
• Health Hazards
• Material Handling
• Tools Hand and Power
• Managing Safety and Health
• Stairways and ladders
• Dire Protection and Prevention
• Concrete and Masonry
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Confined Space Entry
• Signs Signals and Barricades
• Welding and Cutting
• Assessment + MCQ
• Online classes
• 10 hours and 30 hours
• 5 Days class + 1 day exam
• Certificate from USA
To get a certificate, one must
• Submit Assignments
• No examination
• BESI Private Limited is OSHA accredited.
• Firs approved training provider in Bangladesh and we have well trained and highly experienced trainers from Bangladesh and abroad.
• Provides high quality animated graphics and better quality presentation material
• The course are instructed by well trained and highly experienced board approved trainers and courses are customized for understanding the candidates from any level.
Course Fee (Variable)
• 10 Hours -15,000/= BDT (USD 180)
• 30 Hours – 20,000/= BDT (USD 240)