ISO [ 9001:2015]
The ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Quality Management System (QMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques .ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is an independent, non-governmental, international organization who works with standardization to certify standards of a management system, manufacturing process, service, or documentation procedure to ensure the quality, safety, and efficiency of products, services, and systems. ISO has several classifications to certify in many areas of industry, from environmental management to medical devices and many others. ISO certifications are categorized numerically and by their versions. BESI Private Limited holds accreditation for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
Quality Management Systems
ISO 9001 is the world’s most recognized Quality Management System (QMS) standard. Its aim is to help organizations meet the needs of their customers and other stakeholders more effectively. This is achieved by building a framework to ensure consistent quality in the provision of goods and/or services. The standard is used by organizations to demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements and to demonstrate continuous improvement.
- ISO 9001 helps organizations ensure their customers consistently receive high-quality products and services, which in turn bring many benefits, including satisfied customers, management, and employees.
- To assist businesses by providing best practice requirements.
- To help organizations meet the needs of their customers.
- To help organizations meet the needs of their customers and other stakeholders more effectively. Benefits of ISO 9001:2015
- By assessing their context, organizations can define who is affected by their work and what they expect. This enables clearly stated business objectives and the identification of new business opportunities.
- Organizations can identify and address the risks associated with their organization. By putting customers first, organizations can make sure they consistently meet customer needs and enhance customer satisfaction. This can lead to more repeat customers, new clients, and increased business for the organization.
- Organizations will meet necessary statutory and regulatory requirements. Organizations can expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.